Hurst, Robin & Kay, LLC
Talk To Our Attorneys Today 312-782-2400
View Our Practice Areas

January 2017 Archives

IMDMA - Relocation

The New IMDMA: Can I Relocate Once my Allocation Judgment is Entered?
The revised Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act (IMDMA) becomes effective on January 1, 2016. One of the major changes to the act centers on whether a party can relocate and what steps they must take. A full outline of the new Relocation section of the IMDMA (to be codified as 750 ILCS 5/609.2) is provided below as a flow chart, but here are some key questions any party needs to consider when trying to relocate:

Email Us For A Response

Get started Send Us An Email

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Chicago Office:
30 N. LaSalle Street
Suite 1210
Chicago, IL 60602

Phone: 312-782-2400
Fax: 312-782-4025
Chicago Law Office Map

Lake Forest Office:
222 E. Wisconsin Ave
Suite 4B
Lake Forest, IL 60045

Phone: 312-782-2400
Fax: 312-782-4025
Lake Forest Law Office Map